Job designing, as defined in this informative source, is “Everything you need to know about job design. Job design is the process of organizing work into the tasks required to perform a specific job.
Job design involves the conscious efforts to organize tasks, duties and responsibilities into a unit of work to achieve certain objectives.
An HR manager should have a keen interest in the design and specification of individual jobs within the organization.”
What Are The Objectives Of Job Design
Job Designing is the stepping stone towards the creation of a competent job analysis- which in turn is crucial for extracting the information about competency and skill to perform a job.
The importance of job design lies in the fact that it organizes responsibilities, tasks and duties in an aligning way for achieving organizational as well as individual objectives. There are many other objectives as well”
- Satisfying the needs of individual employees for extracting better performance
- Providing job security, challenges and recognitions for employee development
- Aligning the needs of individuals with requirements of the organization
- Ensuring the organizational and employee activities fetch the desired results
- Removing ambiguity and conflict of interest in the organizational structure
What Are The Factors Affecting Job Design
Environmental Factors like
- Availability of talented employees locally
- Socio-economic and Cultural
Organizational Factors like
- Nature of work
Behavioral Factors like
- Usage of abilities and skills
What Are The Benefits Of Job Design
- Employees generate new skills with enhanced input
- Job quality is improved with insightful performance analysis
- Training for existing or new employees become more relevant
- Workers can perform more flexibly and competently
- Employees are supervised more conveniently and accurately
- Employees and employers develop a better relationship
What Will Be The Approaches To Job Design Post Covid?
Right now, with the changed scenario of the economy, the private, public and social sector leaders are evolving their thoughts about the organizational structure. The pandemic situation has somehow brought forward an unwanted scenario of job crisis at a global scale. But thankfully the evolved thought process of the entrepreneurs across the industry has given everyone a hopeful sketch- colored with innovation boldness, speed, focus and even leadership.
Here’s what a recent research has found out on the best practices and emerging strategies where the respective economies are taking action in 2 key areas:
“1. Create a granular view of who needs help to keep their job—or find new work. Countries, regions, and cities can quickly develop a granular view of where jobs are at risk and where there is additional demand for labor—by sector, occupation, demographics, and geography. That view needs to put special focus on small businesses and the most vulnerable workers, including those in the gig economy and the informal sector.
2. Build smart, cross-sector solutions to get that help to them fast. As governments prepare to reopen economies postlockdown, they need to find smart ways to maximize employment and protect against new infections, following global guidelines and those of their local public-health agencies. Again, special focus will be needed on restarting and supporting small businesses, which account for the majority of jobs in most countries. At the same time, governments and businesses will need to create new mechanisms to help people whose jobs are at risk redeploy into occupations in which labor demand still outstrips supply—and rapidly build the skills needed for their new roles.” – Source
1. Building And Adopting Smart Solutions On-Premise Working
There are many countries now who are experiencing a decrease in the infection. These economies are gradually ‘unlocking’ the restrictions to strengthen the industry back on its feet. The countries, for now are focusing on recreating as well as safeguarding the jobs so that the confidence is re-built. The best way to do that is to adopt the new-age smart solutions that will bring the employees back on-premise with full confidence of safety. Very small yet crucial solutions could be non-tactile sanitizer dispenser, infrared disinfectant dispenser, frequently sanitized work stations, lesser touching of others’ machine etc. With work from home in the scene the concepts of on-premise overtime will also be transformed to a great extent.
2. Recreating And Safeguarding Jobs Through Re-skilling & Redeployment
The Covid-19 Pandemic has brought transition of re-skilling in 3 main areas:
- The mandatory physical distancing has birthed the need of online training, onboarding, evaluating and even skill upgrading.
- The analytical systems of gauging the reskilling rates and recognizing them have also transformed from the traditional ways.
- An overnight shift of mindset of the masses towards the greater good of society is also being implemented in professional functionalities- which was less (if not absent) before!
3. Restarting The Businesses With A New Vigor
Don’t depend on your old tactics and strategies- the post Covid era will spring up new opportunities for businesses. Every organization has dealt with a huge blow and now it is time to transform. Small and Medium scale enterprises will depend more on virtual exchange of products and services. Even acquiring of new talent will be done through internet. Fast track issuance of any permit, lesser requirement of document-based formalities and even making new alliances with other businesses will be evident.
Based on these trends, the job designing, as a concept will go through a huge paradigm shift and the results of them will be positive and welcoming for the companies.
Transform The Way You Hire & Manage Jobs
Introducing Testofy– a versatile cloud-based platform for assessing and evaluating job candidates remotely. With cutting-edge features that promise error-free and uncompromised security, Testofy is a trusted (white-label) evaluation platform for many prestigious hirers. Explore the packages today.