The concept of onscreen marking system is not limited to evaluation of students only – but today, with the assistance of digital assessment platforms, the organizations are using them to evaluate skilled and talented candidates to fill up professional vacancies.
Every year, thousands and hundreds of new candidates emerge in the economy alongside the existing candidates to seek for better professional as well as academic opportunities. It goes without saying that selecting the best of the lot is no less than a task to find a needle from a haystack.
Here comes the functionality of a digital assessment platform that makes the process accurate and seamless.
“The reliability of marking depends on the degree of consistency with which the evaluators mark answer scripts. Over the years the number of candidates appearing for evaluation is increasing at a rapid rate, while the number of markers remains largely limited. This leads to the markers always being under pressure to mark more answer scripts within a limited time which leads to a sub-standard evaluation of answer scripts.” – Source
Why Onscreen Marking System Is The Most Reliable For New Age Assessments
The Onscreen Marking System is the most important part of any digital evaluation platform. Why? Because it is the answer to all the challenges that are mentioned above. The elementary rule of Onscreen Marking System is to ensure that each of the given answer is evaluated as per the pre-determined parameters set by the authorities on the platform’s interface itself.
The best part of the entire process is that assessments can be evaluated on any mobile devices as the platforms are mostly based out of cloud system. The mobile or desktop devices of iOS, Windows and Android can all perform the task seamlessly.
The Aspects Of On-Screen Evaluation & Marking System
- The results of the evaluation are based on the grading logic preset before, as mentioned above and are then uploaded on the screen grading system in various formats – even a bar or pie chart is presented to give an insightful glimpse of candidate’s performance.
- Since the question papers and exam patterns are defined in the software beforehand, the attributes like batch, exam name, stream and other groups and sub-groups are auto-synced. The information from candidate profiles are gradually obtained and set in those fields automatically.
- There is no risk of any identity disclosure as from conducting of test to publishing of results take place in a secured technical framework that does not allow for any leakage or wrong-distribution of confidential data. The candidate’s ID, marks as well as remarks are all securely masked.
The Benefits Of Online Digital Marking
- Facilitates on-the-go evaluation at anytime
- Allows tracking of number of answers that are yet to be evaluated
- Reflects transparency of evaluations
- Provides unbiased & accurate analytical report
- Is compatible with any standard operating system
- Allows for simultaneous evaluation sessions
- Fetches and processes result quicker
- Supports group remarks for every candidate
- Supports intuitive annotations in case evaluated by assessors
- Produces quick re-evaluation results as well
- Store and retains evaluation for a longer period of time
- Allows for multiple section designs of questionnaire for a single assessment
The main point of concern in this case, lies now with the question – is the online evaluation system fair?
Managing the digital evaluation system comes with its share of challenges, of course – but only when it is not wisely planned out or well-designed. Publishing of a result efficiently and fairly is an important task that the organizations have to achieve to grow. Unfortunately, the market today is still not dotted with many options as such. But yes, with the sudden change of times, this too will transform.
The authorities are thus gradually revamping the entire assessment, selection as well as recruitment process at large across all economic and industrial verticals. The new format of evaluations is more accurate, transparent, efficient and secured – all thanks to the technologies of digitalization that makes the process seamless.
The traditional marking system in education comes with a bunch of difficulties that used to work in slowed process. It is manual, filled with human mistakes & thus capable of changing the dimension of any evaluation process. Here are the notable challenges of the traditional evaluation system:
- Discrepancies of the answer script handling
- Tampering of scores
- Unreliable methods of re-evaluations
- Prolonged turn-around time
- Compromised security
Testofy Is The Best Onscreen Evaluator Of Versatile Assessments
Testofy is the trusted and the most reliable onscreen digital evaluator present in the market amidst the handful. It assists the authorities by empowering them to proactively carrying out accurate evaluations alongside saving a lot of resources and effort. The platform builds the stakeholder’s trust in the system. It follows a process-based framework so that there occurs zero to minimal human errors. Testofy increases the quality of the exam right from the time of its beginning to its inception with result producing. It is time-saving, cost-efficient and technologically strong that empowers the evaluating organization to select the right talent for every position.